Have you ever had a birds-eye view of Adelaide?
For a place that is said to be the driest city, in the driest State, on the driest continent on Earth – it is amazingly green.
Looking across the tree-tops of your local suburb really changes your perspective about where you live.
In fact, it’s a world-away from the hustle-and-bustle below.
So here’s the thing.
How amazing would it be, to bring some of that into your daily life?
Well you can, simply by extending up instead of out.
A few short stairs is all takes to unwind and relax in your own oasis at home.
Adding elevated space to your home is guaranteed to improve your lifestyle.
Here are some other key advantages of building a second storey addition.
- Increase living space without using up precious yard space
- Retain a great sized yard for family activities
- Room for further improvements e.g. pool or alfresco area
- It’s hard to put a financial value on the lifestyle advantage of capturing a great view
- The value added to your home is definitely worthwhile
- Take advantage of an awkward block
- Another floor could potentially double your living space
- A growing family can live comfortably
- Gain more living space without the hassle of moving
- No need to leave a great location you love
- A second storey addition will add value to your home
- Especially if you’ve also preserved good-sized outdoor space
- Good marketing tool if ever you need to sell
- Building up creates financial leverage i.e. the overall property value increases at a rate greater than the value of the addition itself
- People are surprised to learn that in many instances, adding a second storey can be more cost-effective than building outwards
- Improve and personalise the flow of the house e.g. bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs, common living areas downstairs
- Make the home more universal if ever you need to sell
- Save money by simultaneously improving the ground floor, while it is being altered to support the new second storey addition
- An important aspect of lifestyle is privacy
- Living above the roofline can greatly improve privacy
- Adding elevated space to your home is guaranteed to improve your lifestyle
Adding a second storey to a house is a smart choice.
Need a new perspective?
Adding a second storey to a house is not as scary as it sounds
6-star energy rating
SHI has the skills and experience to design a home with less reliance on heating and cooling appliances.
This family has now reduced their ongoing household costs, by building a 6-star rated energy-efficient extension.
Importantly, we can achieve a 6-star energy-efficient home without compromising on quality, practicality or visual appeal.
25-year structural warranty
SHI has a long-standing partnership with its suppliers and trades people. We design and build sustainable home extensions by carefully sourcing and using the highest quality, environmentally sound products.
That’s why this family scored a 25-year structural warranty on their new extension.
Love your location, not your home?
We’re like family to generations of South Australians who have used us time and time again to improve their lifestyle.
Why? We’re creative people who build awesome homes.
Since 1980 we’ve been South Australia’s most trusted home improvement company specialising in home extensions, home additions, home renovations and second storey additions.
For more inspiration view our Gallery of stunning home extensions, home additions, home renovations and second storey additions here: INSPIRE ME